A number of dogs have been reportedly infected with canine parvovirus on Tooting Common in recent times.
Dog owners may be well aware that parvovirus is a highly infectious condition spread through contaminated faeces of affected dogs, and it can remain active in the environment for up to nine months. The virus causes severe vomiting and diarrhoea, leading to a dog or puppy becoming very weak and dehydrated. Sadly, many little pups do not recover.
Thankfully, there are a number of steps that dog owners can take to protect their furry friends:
Prevent your dog from meeting with other dogs to stop the spread of infection
Ensure your dog’s vaccinations are up-to-date
Notify your vet immediately if your dog displays any worrying symptoms.
Click here to learn more about canine parvovirus.
here you can read about my campaign activities