Schools in Wandsworth have faced £55 million in cuts since 2015, impacting classroom sizes, SEN provision and teacher numbers.
Many schools in Wandsworth have experienced losses of £500 per pupil.
I have been proud to stand with parents demanding that the Government give our schools the funding they need, so our children can prosper.
Tweets, videos and articles:
- In March I spoke out in Parliament about long term funding for local maintained nurseries.
- In January I supported local school involvement with holocaust education.
- In November 2018 I secured tickets to England at Wembley for local children across Tooting.
- In November 2018 I launched The Daily Mile initiative in Tooting.
- In October 2018 I appeared in The Mirror speaking out against the impact of Tory school cuts.
- In October 2018 I wrote to the Secretary of State for Education about teacher pay.
- In October 2018 I spoke out about the Budget 2018 cuts to education.
- In March 2018 I spoke out against Tory cuts to free school meals.
- In November 2017 I secured tickets for local school children to attend an England football match.
- In October 2017 I highlighted local school cuts.
- In July 2017 I spoke out in Parliament about under-funding of local schools.
- In June 2017 I voted to scrap university tuition fees.
- In June 2017 I voted to reinstate Education Maintenance Allowance.
- In May 2017 I campaigned against school cuts.
- In March 2017 I campaigned against school cuts.
- In March 2017 I wrote to the Education Secretary about cuts at a local school.
- In February 2017 I took part in the APPG for Childcare and Early Education.
- In October 2016 I attended a Parliamentary meeting on sports in schools.