Three weeks after the election during a Brexit debate, I voted in favour protecting the rights of EU nationals living in the UK, giving us the best possible access to the Single Market and Customs Union and prioritises the best deal for our economy and jobs. Unfortunately the Government won the vote by just 26 votes, I was disappointed the Liberal Democrats refused to take part in the vote.
I’ve visited a number of schools to take part in assemblies and meet with headteachers and staff. Earlier this year I setup an apprenticeship programme, however, there are hundreds of young and talented local people who want to be given a chance to setup their own business.
I’ve been working with local charity Business Launchpad, to setup an Enterprise Hub where young people can get advice and help with setting up their first small business. It will open later in the summer.
Tweets, videos and articles - click to view:
- In June 2019 I spoke out against Trump and reiterated the NHS is not for sale.
- In January 2019 I spoke out against the Government's post-Brexit fee for EU citizens in solidarity with NHS staff.
- In July 2018 I appeared on The Andrew Marr Show to discuss the next 30 years of the NHS.
- In January 2018 I spoke out against the Government's political choice to under-fund the NHS.
- In January 2018 I wrote an article for The Mirror on the problems I see in my shifts as an A&E doctor.
- In January 2018 I wrote an article for the Evening Standard on the chronic under-resourcing of the NHS.
- In March 2017 I challenged the Health Secretary on Government under-funding of the NHS.
- In January 2017 I spoke out on the realities of Government under-funding the NHS.
- In January 2017 I challenged the Health Secretary on the winter crisis.
- In November 2016 I spoke out on the dangers of not investing in our social care.
- In July 2016 I challenged the Government's decision to abolish NHS student bursaries.